Temple Run Edit
In the original game, Temple Run, he is described as the second-greatest explorer ever (most likely after Guy Dangerous). He is shown with a shaved face with a large hat that covers up his face and can be purchased for 25,000 coins.
Temple Run 2 Edit
In the first game's "sequel", Temple Run 2, Montana Smith is seen wearing the same attire, crock-backed but doesn't hide his face behind his hat which greatly resembles Indiana Jones.
"Snakes!? I hate snakes!"
-falling from the runway.
"It hurts the tree more than me."
"I'm not the same without my hat!"
"Not my hat!!!"
-crashing to a tree.
"Looks like I'm stuck here a while."
-not sliding under a hollow tree.
"If only I had my lighter..."
-running into a skull trap.
Temple Run 2Edit
- Montana Smith can be seen as a spoof of Indiana Jones.
- His first name is shared with a US State and he has a common last name just like Jones.
- He also wears similar clothing and have the same fedora.
- When "Montana Smith" falls into water, he sometimes says "Snakes, I hate snakes!" Providing evidence that he was afraid of snakes, just like Indiana Jones.
- In Temple Run, both Montana Smith and Francisco Montoya used the death-by-tree illustration.